East Africa Association for Research and Development “DAD” and Somali Research and Education Network known as “SomaliREN” has signed a memorandum of understanding “MoU” on Jan 23, 2019. The two organizations agreed on a range of issues among them:
• Collaboration on research capacity development in the Somali higher education and other Research Institutions in Somalia.
• Sharing of Research Resources and expertise.
• Co-applying for research and education developments grants.
• Facilitation of research and education exchanges, and
• Co-facilitation of networking events related to research and education activities.
DAD and SomaliREN are both politically non-partisan Institutions formed to serve for the development of Education and Research in Somalia; and to enhance collaboration between the Somali and Turkish higher education Institutions involved in research and higher Education.
The Director General of DAD, Prof. Dr. Ali Sheikh Ahmed, signed the MoU for the DAD side, while Eng. Abdullahi Bihi the, CEO of SomaliREN, signed for the other side.